What if I need to move cross-country?
What if I buy a puppy from an out-of-state breeder?
What if my dog doesn’t do well with other dogs and pets?
What if my dog is scared of air transportation?
What if pet ground transportation is expensive?
How can I transport my dog by ground?
No worries! We’ve asked the trusted and reliable experts at En Route Pet Transportation and now have the information you need, to get your dog transported by ground. Of course, the following information is with your pet’s safety and well-being in mind.
What type of pet transportation company you’d prefer? Yes, there are different types of ground pet transportation companies and we’ll go over them all so you get the information you need to make sure your dog and pets get the best!
Have you ever heard the term “middle-man”? Well, that’s what this is. When you contact this company, you may think that these companies have employees as pet transporters that are working for them. However, often times, the company will have a list of pet transporters that they will sell a transportation job to. The company just acts as the middle-man. Is this a big deal? Well, it may or may not be. Let’s go over some of the pros and cons.
- Usually the cheapest and most affordable option.
- The company does not have control or manage the pet transporters, meaning the quality of your pet’s transport cannot be controlled.
- Your pet may be transported along with many other pets (20+), taking away focus from your pet.
- Many different species of animals may be transported along with your pet.
Don’t be afraid to ask the company directly. You can ask: Are you a third-party service? Or: Do Are your pet transporters Independent Contractors?
- This type of pet ground transportation company is just like it’s stated; the owner is also the operator. You may often find that these types of pet transportation companies are family run business.
- High likelihood that the company genuinely cares about you and your pets. Owning and operating a pet care business is a huge task and you can bet that most people who don’t care would not put in the immense amount of time and effort required to run this type of business.
- Systems and process for quality control.
- Cheaper than a company with employees.
- Being that the owner is also the sole operator, their availability will be limited to what they can physically handle. For example, you may need your dog transported from New York to California. But, the transporter is currently in Oregon. So, you may have to wait a few days until they can get to you.
If the pet transportation company hires employees, you will not only have all the availability from the company that you need, but you can also count on their training and management to uphold standards. These types of companies are far and few between, as their costs are very high, which raises the total cost to transport your pet.
- The company will, most likely, genuinely care about you and your pets.
- Systems and process for quality control.
- Transport availability.
- Most expensive.
- Not many of these companies exist due to high costs.
Ask yourself, what’s the MOST important thing to me?
- Is it the cost?
- Is it the availability?
- Is it that the company genuinely cares about pets?
- Is it that your pet will be safe, happy, and healthy?
- Is it that your dog needs to have Private Pet Ground Transportation
Once you have the answer to those questions you’ll be able to narrow down your options. The lack of control and management the company has over its transporters removes third-party services from our list. We think the best options are the owner/operator and employee companies. At En Route Pet Transportation, the safety and well-being of the pets transported is of the highest priority. The great thing is that your budget won’t keep you from using their services. They offer a variety of payment options make their services affordable to everyone.
Private or Group Pet Transportation?
The next thing you need to decide on is what type of pet transportation you are looking for. Some companies may or may not offer the type of transport you are looking for and the type could significantly change the cost of your pet’s transportation. Let’s go over the options, real quick:
Group Pet Ground Transportation
This option should really only be considered for pets who do well around other pets/animals. Sure, your budget may affect your ability to choose another option, but we feel your pet’s safety, well-being, and happiness should be forefront in the minds of pet owners.
- Cheapest option.
- Most pet ground transportation companies offer this option.
- Some companies may transport 20+ animals, varying in species, at a time. This can take focus away from your pet.
- Potentially could cause physical and emotional stress in some animals.
Private Pet Ground Transportation
This is for you if:
- Your dog does not do well with other animals.
- If you want your pet to have a luxurious, topnotch, and high-quality service.
- If you want your dog to have the transporter’s undivided attention.
- If your pet experiences stress in new environments and around new people.
We think both Private and Group are great options for the right candidate. It’s really up to the pet owner to decide which is best for their pet. If your pet does well around other animals and you want to save a few bucks, go with the Group option. If your pet does not do well around other animal or you just want them to have the highest quality of service, then go with the Private option. At En Route Pet Transportation, they offer Private and Group+ options. Click here to learn more about the amazing features they offer!
We know that asking someone to transport your pet cross-country or long distance can be a worrisome, stressful, and emotional task. Our pets are our family members and we want the best for them. We feel lucky to have had the opportunity to share the information we learned from En Route Pet Transportation with the world. You never know when you might need a pet ground transportation service and it’s super helpful to have inside information from the pros, to make the process much simpler and smooth.
We know that En Route Pet Transportation goes above and beyond because, just like us, they care about your fur-family, just as much as you do. You’ll be happy to know that they offer:
- High Quality Pictures
- HD Videos
- Nationwide, Door-to-Door Ground Pet Transport
- GPS Tracking
- A Scheduled Live Video Chat with your pet (only offered in the Private pet transport option)
You’ll never have to worry about how your pet is doing, because they keep you so updated!